Careers at MuskokaPharma
We offer first-rate benefits and the opportunity to grow and develop your career within an exciting and dynamic organization.
Applicants must not have a criminal record and will be required to submit to an extensive RCMP criminal background check, at our expense.
If you are interested in joining our team please send your résumé with a cover letter to: email@example.com
MuskokaPharma Inc., is looking for a Master Grower to complete our medical cannabis delivery team.
MuskokaPharma Inc., operates under the highest standards of professionalism.
Must have (or had) a designated grower’s license with Health Canada under the former MMAR, and have a clean criminal record.
JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES:
• Manage a large-scale 120,000ft2 medical marijuana production facility with a working crew of up to 30 employees.
• Perform all the tasks in the facility including: seeding, cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
• Develop and/or maintain grow protocols and nutrient regimen.
• Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention it requires.
• Manage scheduling and organization to precisely project all operational needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep plants healthy and expenses low.
• Cataloging and analyzing each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting.
• Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment to high pharmaceutical standards.
• Mastery of hydroponic growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria nutrient implementation, and CO2 implementation.
• Working knowledge in container systems with hydroponics as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation in dedicated bio-secure growth chambers.
• Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
• Well researched in new techniques and insights to expand knowledge in nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Strains; Sativa, Indica and Hybrids and mastery of medicinal implementation and knowledge of efficacy of strains and types of medicinal administration.
• Assist government auditors with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
• Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
• Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Management of a legal grow operation.
• You have experience as a Master Grower.
• Knowledge of large scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, CO2 accelerators, etc.
• Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
• Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse.
• Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
• Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
• You have no criminal convictions.
• You are willing to participate in an extensive RCMP background security check.
• You are trustworthy and hard working.
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MuskokaPharma Inc., is looking for a PHARMACIST to complete our medical cannabis team.
You will be on the front-line of patient contact and will discuss with them the therapeutic uses, safety, drug-to-drug interactions, and drug-disease interactions of medical cannabis.
You will provide recommendations to patients about which of our products works most effectively with their individual conditions based upon scientific facts and the efficacy of the various strains we offer.
You will assist patients in deciding the appropriate dose, dosage schedule and the means of administration — smoking vs. vaporization vs. ingestion.
You will provide an understanding of the pharmacology, effects, side effects, and potential clinical uses of cannabis to the medical community.
Director of Regulatory Compliance
MuskokaPharma Inc., is looking for a Director of Regulatory Compliance to ensure that our medical cannabis delivery team is complying with or exceeding the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR).
As a licensed medical cannabis grower MuskokaPharma Inc., must meet strict security, control and reporting requirements, as we are regularly inspected by Health Canada and the RCMP without notice.
You will develop credentials and polices and protocols to have all cannabis product tested and validated on an on-going basis.
You will ensure that all employees, regardless of status, are complying with the MMPR regulations set forth by Health Canada, and that all RCMP security protocols are in place and adhered to.
You will train all employees in the various policies, procedures and protocols set forth by Health Canada, and the RCMP, and provide regular updates to all employees.
Director of Quality Assurance
MuskokaPharma Inc., is looking for a Director of Quality Assurance to complete our medical cannabis delivery team.
You will be in charge of developing, designing and putting into place an efficient, effective and leading-edge Quality Assurance/Quality Control department including the physical layout and equipment requirements in concert with our Master Grower.
You will be called upon to develop Standard Operating Procedures and put best practices into place within the realm of QA/QC. As the organization grows you will build a highly-functioning team around you.
Under the MMPR regulations that came into effect on April 1st, 2014, licensed cannabis producers must also abide by standards set in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ensuring controlled, procedure-driven cultivation, processing and testing systems.
The finished cannabis must be tested for THC level, microbial, mycotoxin and metal contents, including heavy metals and meet applicable Canadian requirements for Natural Health Products.
B.Sc., M.Sc., PhD.
3+ years in QA/QC within a pharma, narcotics, food crop, tobacco environment.
Additional training to meet MMPR guidelines will be provided by us.
Grower under MMAR
MuskokaPharma is looking for a number of growers with extensive experience in cultivating cannabis, especially under Health Canada’s former Medical Marihuana Access Regulations (MMAR).
You should have a working knowledge and understanding of Health Canada’s new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR).
Well versed with the environmental requirements required for healthy and high yielding plants.
Experience growing cannabis indoors and outdoors.
Extensive experience in cloning, growing from seeds or cuttings to maturity, in all growth mediums, i.e. soil and hydroponics, including the use of all forms of natural and chemical nutrients.
Experience with all of processes involved in the harvesting, trimming, drying, curing and long-term storage of cannabis.
Experience in the control of diseases, pests and nutritional deficiencies that are common with the propagation of cannabis.
Experience sexing and crossbreeding to improve strains re: taste, weight, aesthetics and potency.
Experience with FLUORESCENT, LED, METAL HALIDE and HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM lighting to improve quality, yield and electrical efficiency.
MuskokaPharma Inc., is looking for a Horticulturalist to work in concert with our Master Grower.
You will have a Master’s Degree in Horticulture and/or agriculture, soil/earth sciences, environmental science or crop/plant science and have several years’ experience in the horticulture industry.
You will monitor all aspects of the production process, helping to make sure that crops go smoothly from seed (or clones) to sale.
In addition to horticultural skills and knowledge, you must have initiative, commercial awareness and good problem solving, communication, team-working and practical cultivation skills.
Experience growing medical cannabis would be an asset, especially if your hold an MMAR license.
Your responsibilities will include:
- overseeing horticultural cultivation, maintenance and weed/pest/disease control programs in our various controlled environmental growth chambers
- analyzing horticultural yields, operational costs and financial returns
- supervising and training staff
- ensuring that deadlines and quality standards are met within set budgets